Fascism is cured by reading, and racism is cured by traveling. – Miguel de Unamuno
In 2008, Richard Spencer, invented the term alternative right in an article published by extremely conservative Taki’s Magazine. It was branding meant to differentiate conservative Republicans willing to compromise conservative beliefs by playing ball with Liberal Democrats from the more isolated, exclusively online fringe conservative groups who felt alienated by that behavior.
To provide you a guideline of how to effectively treat this political disease, the alt-right movement, I must first go into who and what they are as well as what they’re ultimately after.
According to the Southern Poverty Law Center, “The Alternative Right is characterized by heavy use of social media and online memes. Alt-righters eschew “establishment” conservatism, skew young, and embrace white ethnonationalism as a fundamental value.” Let’s unpack.
These are people who believe, among other things, that white people are a race, that there is a white identity, that they invented civilization, and that the United States was built exclusively by white people.
Some intellectuals deem this movement as dead but I disagree. Diseases like racism and white nationalism can be cured in the individual, but cannot be fully eradicated from the body of mankind.
And I should know about trying to cure things like racism and white nationalism in the individual via online debate. It’s a really tough undertaking.
Over the last ten years I estimate the number of debates I’ve participated in to be within ten thousand and most of my opponents, as I came to notice more and more as time had passed, had progressed from being purely pro Reagan and trickle down, to Tea Party in response to Obama, and finally, hijacked by the modern and always crazy white supremacist movement, the alt-right.
As far as the kind of opponents I’ve had, they ranged from generic crazy to full-blown sociopath, from confederates lost in time to cherry pickers of the Bible. It is said that most people of the alt right are atheists but this has not been proven and my experience says otherwise.
They are pretty tricky to nail down since most of what they will tell you in a debate will be false or highly spun to prove points that logically can’t be made. Their goal to make you look stupid and catch you off guard. They will say outrageous things and walk their statements back as jokes or exaggerations. These people are the pigs and their playing field is shit. They like rolling in it and good people lose because they hate getting dirty.
Here’s how I’ve destroyed these ideological grape smugglers:
- Their number one weapon is humor. If you don’t have sense of humor, they will have fun at your expense and your lack of getting it will be the joke. You have to like playing dirty. If they are a man, assume they were born without testicles and treat them accordingly.
- When you’re winning, they will switch up the conversation. Don’t let them dictate the direction of the debate. Switch it up on them. Assume what they think is different than what they are typing and treat them accordingly.
- Piss them off and make some people watching laugh at them. They get embarrassed fairly quickly. I found a group on Facebook that is full of weak alt-right men who hate when I talk about black liberal men impregnating white alt-righter’s girlfriends/wives. You know you’ve made them mad when they just can’t take it and block you.
- Assume their genetics are faulty. Tell them that you don’t think it’s all alt-righters, just them individually. Logically isolate them in the conversation from the parent cell and it will disorient their line of thinking by injecting a sense that they aren’t as protected.
- They will often ask you to define something for them so you argue what they want you to argue rather than what the main topic was staring out. Quiz them. Ask them simple questions that children would know and berate them for taking too long in answering you. You don’t want them looking anything up on google now, do you?
- They will often have an outrageous job title such as ‘cloud-centric investigator’ or an educational background of ‘school of hard knocks.’ The first means chem trail researcher, which isn’t real. The second means they didn’t go to college. Press them on both and insult them with your skepticism, especially toward their education.
There are lots of other ways to beat people who believe they are genetically superior to everyone else in the room, but the few I did mention are my most highly effective methods to destroying clowns of the alt-right.
With the failing of this alternative president, many people share this false sense of security that the alt-right is a failing or, perhaps already failed movement. I don’t think such movements die, they only take on different names and absorb different ideas that hold the most potential of furthering their ultimate goals of a white only existence.
These points weren’t meant as an encouragement toward being a douche bag or hurting innocent people. These are simply tools to fight individuals of the alt-right who can and will do harmful things to people, like doxxing- the act of researching a person’s personal information with the intent of releasing it publicly. These are also people who have been known to call a supervisor or two in the hopes of getting someone fired. That’s not the act of an innocent person. So, only use the tools against real scum, like the alt-right.